Media Alert: Adobe Debuts TV Ad Planning Platform
TV Media Management in Adobe Marketing Cloud Enables Audience-Based Selling, Accurate Forecasting for Media Companies
Public Company Information:
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Consumers increasingly watch TV on a variety of devices. As a result, advertisers are now challenged with having to engage specific audiences across different devices and platforms – from traditional broadcast TV to streaming services and TV apps – with more relevant, personalized ads that drive ROI. While broadcast media companies have the reach that appeals to advertisers, they have had challenges effectively planning, measuring and monetizing content across an increasingly fragmented landscape.
Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) announced today its new TV Media Management (TVMM) platform in Adobe Primetime, enabling media sellers to better align their interests with advertisers in a multiscreen TV environment. While ad inventory was once sold on the basis of programming characteristics alone, media sellers can now leverage viewer preferences and attributes to drive true audience-based targeting and addressability. At the same time, Adobe TVMM offers highly accurate forecasting and planning through analytics and data management that introduce additional variables like seasonality. If the viewership for a show jumps for instance, this can be factored into the ad spend and the amount of impressions advertisers can expect.
“As viewers are changing the way they consume their favorite TV content across screens, advertisers and media companies must find improved ways to measure, plan and forecast their advertising in order to maximize the value of that content,” said Jeremy Helfand, vice president, Adobe Primetime. “Our TVMM platform capitalizes on the rich data in Adobe Marketing Cloud, enabling media companies to deliver great viewing experiences and letting advertisers target granular audience segments.”
Features in Adobe TVMM include:
- True Audience-Based Selling: Advertisers don’t want to spend money on audiences that don’t matter. With Adobe TVMM, media sellers can create custom audience packages that take into consideration viewer preferences, programming characteristics and the advertisers’ existing audience data. If a brand wants to target millennial sports enthusiasts or high-income earners in a specific metropolitan area for example, they can plan and execute it easily. Advertisers will see increased ROI, while media companies are able to charge higher rates to micro target audiences.
- Advanced Forecasting Capabilities: Ineffective planning has a big impact on the bottom line when ads run against media that advertisers don’t want. Existing models of forecasting provide low accuracy or are very difficult to scale and integrate with new platforms. Adobe TVMM has an industry-first forecasting engine that pulls in signals such as seasonal fluctuations in viewership and programming schedules. Media sellers can accurately forecast inventory against specific audience criteria and confidently deliver on commitments to advertisers and agencies. At the same time, Adobe TVMM requires no change to existing ad tech infrastructure such as data collection and storage systems.
- Reducing Media Waste: One of the big challenges facing media sellers are delivery guarantees. Advertisers want to ensure that their campaigns are delivered to agreed-upon audiences and rely on audience measurement data provided by third-party media currency providers such as Nielsen and comScore. The audiences defined by these third parties are often not the same as the ones defined by media companies, leading to guesswork and poor delivery rates. Money is left on the table as a result. Adobe TVMM addresses this issue by enabling audience targeting that aligns closer with the media currency providers, significantly improving on-target delivery across platforms and limiting media waste.
- Video: Mastering Addressable TV with Adobe Primetime TV Media Management
- Blog Post: ’Tis the Season: Marketers, Multiscreen & Monetization
- Adobe Primetime Blog
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.