Adobe Scan for Bixby Vision Debuts with Samsung Galaxy Note9
Public Company Information:
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today unveiled a smart way to turn the new Samsung Galaxy Note9 into a portable PDF scanner with the introduction of Adobe Scan for Bixby Vision. Break free from paper and use the Adobe Scan app on the Galaxy Note9 to log expense receipts, save business cards, store class notes, file tax documents for digital safekeeping and so much more. Using the camera on the Galaxy Note9, Samsung’s intelligent assistant, Bixby Vision, automatically recognizes documents in its field of view and suggests opening them in Adobe Scan. Once installed and launched, Adobe Scan uses powerful artificial intelligence in Adobe Sensei to automatically detect a document’s boundaries, correct perspectives, remove shadows and enhance text for a sharp and easy to read Adobe PDF.
There’s no need to leave Bixby or scroll through pages of apps to find the right scanning tool. People can access and modify saved scans within the app or, because Adobe Scan converts an image into an Adobe PDF, they can unlock additional functionality like search, annotate, send for signature, review with teams and more by launching Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader. A simple physical page now has intelligent Adobe PDF power.
“With Adobe Scan, you no longer need to keep piles of paper on your desk or stuff your wallet with receipts,” said Ashley Still, vice president and general manager, Digital Media, Adobe. “By teaming up with Samsung and its intelligent assistant, Bixby, we’re providing the most intuitive mobile scanning experience to Galaxy Note9 users by putting smart technology in Adobe Sensei and Adobe Document Cloud to work for them.”
“Enabling Bixby Vison to work seamlessly with a powerful app like Adobe Scan gives our customers the ability to get more done with the latest Samsung flagship smartphone, the Galaxy Note9, than ever before,” said Elle Kim, vice president, Global Service Partnership, Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics.
With Adobe Scan on Bixby Vision, the Galaxy Note9 is a powerful productivity tool right out of the box. Here’s what users can expect:
- Scan Documents in an Instant: The Adobe Scan integration with Samsung’s Bixby Vision means that the moment you’re faced with a paper document, all you have to do is aim your camera at it, and Bixby and Adobe Scan will handle the rest.
- Make Your Scans Shine: Once in Adobe Scan, users can enjoy all of the powerful tools that come with the app, including capture, crop, clean, rotate, adjust color and brightness, reorder, delete or add pages, and then save and share.
- Create Powerful PDFs: With its automatic text recognition (OCR), Adobe Scan turns any paper item—a document, receipt, form, booklet or note—into a supercharged, powerful Adobe PDF. Scan an English-language business card and Adobe Scan, powered by Adobe Sensei, automatically detects the card, recognizes and extracts pertinent information and adds it to your device’s contacts.
- Put Adobe Document Cloud to Work for You: Adobe Scan documents are automatically connected to the world’s best PDF services in Adobe Document Cloud. Modify, manage, create and fill forms, sign and so much more by opening Adobe Acrobat Reader directly from Adobe Scan.
Adobe Scan will initially be included with the Galaxy Note9, followed by previous devices that have Bixby Vision including the Galaxy S8/S8+, Galaxy Note8 and Galaxy S9/S9+. Availability may vary by market. Adobe Scan is also available as a standalone app on Google Play and Galaxy Apps.
- Read more about Adobe Scan.
- See Adobe Scan in action.
- For more information on Samsung Bixby, please visit here.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.