Adobe Captivate 8 Reimagines eLearning Creation for a Multi-Device World
New Features Deliver Ground-breaking Innovation in Responsive eLearning Design, Without Programming
Public Company Information:
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe Captivate 8, the latest release of the company’s category-leading eLearning authoring tool. Adobe Captivate 8 software recognizes the realities of today’s device-abundant world where authors are expected to cater to the learning needs of mobile users. The software drastically reduces the authoring effort by allowing trainers and educators to create once and deliver multi-screen responsive content without programming.
“While the demand for mobile learning content is growing exponentially, usage is low. In part, this is because of the effort and programming skills required to make a course suitable for mobile devices,” said Tridib Roy Chowdhury, general manager and senior director of products, Adobe. “Captivate 8 aims to solve that problem by making it easy for authors to create great looking, interactive eLearning content that plays appropriately on any device.”
Mobile learning is more than merely making eLearning content accessible on mobile devices. With Adobe Captivate 8, developers can leverage device-specific capabilities; such as GPS to deliver timely, location-aware content to learners, and gesture-based navigation to allow learners to tap, scroll, pinch, and swipe their way through courses. Additionally, Adobe Captivate 8 enables device aware eLearning by automatically detecting a learner’s device and delivering the most appropriate experience for it.
“Adobe Captivate 8 is a game changer,” said Josh Cavalier, president, Lodestone. “Tablets and Smartphones have become the primary way we consume information, and the new responsive design capabilities allow eLearning developers an innovative way to easily create engaging content for different form factors.”
Key features include:
- Create multiscreen, responsive eLearning content: Authors don’t need to change how they create content. Content will rearrange itself for new tablet and mobile views based on the selected theme. Content can be tweaked for a specific device by moving, resizing and editing objects. Content and layout integrity is maintained across devices by positioning objects relative to screen borders or other objects. Using the Captivate 8 preview feature allows authors to see how projects appear on various screens. Content can be published as a single project and be automatically delivered as the most appropriate experience for a learner’s device.
- Leverage device-specific mobile capabilities: Authors can utilize geo-location support to deliver timely, location-aware content and take advantage of gesture support to allow learners to tap, scroll, pinch, and swipe their way through courses.
- Use one tool for all eLearning needs: Authors can easily create show-me product demos in HD video, let-me-try simulations, and test-me compliance training materials. They can transform Microsoft PowerPoint slides into HTML5-based eLearning content, include eye-catching quizzes and interactions, and publish projects to desktops, YouTube, leading learning management systems and to mobile devices as apps.
- Maximize productivity with out-of-the-box assets: Authors can enrich courses with customizable out-of-the-box assets, such as actors, drag-and-drop elements, themes, responsive themes, and more. Themes can be saved and reused across different projects. Further, content creators can choose from a variety of interactions, including Millionaire, Hangman, Jigsaw, Pyramid, and Accelerometer-based interactions and augment eLearning content with in-course YouTube videos and web pages.
- Product page: www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html
- Videos: http://tv.adobe.com/show/new-in-adobe-captivate-8/
- Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adobecaptivate
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdobeELearning
Pricing and Availability
The new Adobe Captivate 8 is now available worldwide. Updates from Captivate 7 and Captivate 6 (and earlier) are US$399 and US$999, respectively. Captivate 8 is also available for US$19.99 per month for an annual subscription.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Captivate are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.