Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 Available Now With Smart Tools for Editing Magic
New Versions of Consumer Photo- and Video-Editing Software Offer Built-in Intelligence for Auto-Analysis of Photos, Motion Tracking in Videos and More to Create Impressive Digital Memories
Public Company Information:
Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced two highly anticipated new versions of its picture editor and movie-editing software: Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 8 and Adobe Premiere® Elements 8 for Windows. Available together as a single retail package or as standalone products, the software equips users with two powerful yet easy-to-use products for all their photo and video needs. In addition, Adobe released Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac® providing users with new capabilities to make amazing photos with ease.
Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 customers now have access to smart tools with built-in intelligence that bring their picture and movie editing to new heights. With Photoshop Elements 8, Adobe makes cutting-edge innovation accessible to consumers who want to do more with their photos. Premiere Elements 8 unveils new smart and automatic tools that take the work out of video editing, allowing users to quickly and easily create impressive movies.
Photoshop Elements 8 & Premiere Elements 8 Bundle (Windows) Offers Customers a Feature-Rich Organizer to Unite Photos and Videos
- The new Auto-Analyzer automatically analyzes and tags the most interesting and highest-quality photos and video footage.
- People Recognition identifies people in photos, becoming more intelligent over time, as it learns to associate names and people.
- New full-screen previews display photos and video clips in the slideshow mode directly in the Organizer. Users can also make quick edits to photos or tag video footage while viewing them.
- In addition, users can now synch all their media on multiple computers automatically.
Photoshop Elements 8 (Windows): Intelligent Technology to Create Extraordinary Photos
- Photomerge® Exposure creates a perfectly lit photo that shows every detail by combining multiple shots of the same scene – with or without a flash – in just a few simple clicks.
- Leveraging Photoshop CS4 technology, the new Recompose provides users with an easy way to automatically resize photos without distorting the most important parts.
- Quick Fix previews allow users to visually choose the best color, contrast and lighting adjustments from a series of previews.
- Once photo creations are ready to be shared, Photoshop Elements 8 offers new interactive Online Album templates that can showcase photos and videos together.
Premiere Elements 8 (Windows): Automated Options Make Incredible Movies
- Smart Fix ensures that every clip looks its best by automatically fixing shaky footage and color and lighting problems.
- Smart Trim identifies and helps get rid of the least interesting, lowest quality footage.
- Smart Mix seamlessly balances audio elements to give videos professional-quality sound throughout.
- Motion-tracking capabilities give users the power to add graphics, text and effects – such as thought bubbles and motion blur – that will automatically follow a subject within a scene.
Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: Powerful New Tools for Quick and Easy Organization, Photo Editing and Exciting Effects
- For organization, Mac users have full access to all the features in Bridge CS4, which provides quick organization with a custom viewing workspace and full-screen preview with one-click close-ups. Keyword tags and a variety of search options also make it easy to find photos quickly.
Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac now includes all of the intelligent
photo-editing options as the Windows version. In addition to
Photomerge Exposure, Recompose and Quick Fix previews, Mac users will
have access to the following new tools:
- Photomerge Scene Cleaner for brushing away unwanted elements, such as tourists or cars, from a series of photos to create the perfect scene.
- The Smart Brush helps apply incredible effects to a specific area of a photo with a single stroke.
- Touch-Up brushes make common editing tasks quick, such as whitening teeth or making bright blue skies.
Doug Mack, vice president of hosted and consumer solutions for Adobe
“We want our customers to feel confident that they can achieve professional results with their photos and videos, without having to do any of the heavy lifting. With Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements we’ve incorporated smart tools with built-in intelligence. We pushed the limits of our software, so that anyone can create impressive digital memories and have fun in the process.”
Pricing and Availability
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 & Adobe Premiere Elements 8 software for Windows is available now at www.adobe.com, and will be available soon at retail outlets such as Amazon.com, Costco.com, Best Buy, Office Depot and Office Max.
- The bundle is available for US$149.99, and users can purchase Plus from within the product for US$49.99/year. Plus is available in the U.S. only. Both Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements software for Windows are available separately for US$99.99.
- Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac® will be available for US$99.99 in Oct. 2009.
- For free 30-day trials of the products, please visit www.adobe.com/downloads.
- Photoshop Elements 8 (Windows): www.adobe.com/go/photoshopelements
- Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: www.adobe.com/go/photoshopelmac
- Premiere Elements 8: www.adobe.com/go/premiereelements
- Free Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements training videos on Adobe TV: http://tv.adobe.com
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and information – anytime, anywhere and through any medium. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.